What is the benefit of being a FAV member? Glad you asked! People often prefer to search venues for upcoming events online before visiting their chosen options. Online presence has become an absolute necessity for businesses, especially in the venue/restaurant/hospitality/food and service industry.
First impressions of a venue are made online through descriptions, photo galleries and virtual video tours. FAV will bring your business at the forefront of each of these online requirements by increasing your exposure to customers that fit your business. FAV will reserve your business a first page Google placement through www.findavenue.ca and www.findabanquethall.com which are linked to one another. Your own FAV page is your online storefront where an experienced FAV team member will work with you to choose the best photo options and written descriptions that represent your venue best.
Furthermore, we have a partnership with Active Sky Video, a company who uses 4K technology on a drone camera which has been proven to immensely enhance online presence and your online first impression. In addition to our online presence, we are advertising our own site through all of the traditional advertising channels including billboards, radio ads and tradeshows so you can be sure that your affiliation with FAV will be one with a positive return.
Weâ€™re a growing company ourselves and are constantly looking for ways to serve you better.
Iâ€™m a restaurant/cafÃ©/art gallery, why would I join FAV? Restaurants, cafÃ©s and art galleries are actually exactly what weâ€™re built for. Renting out your space for others to facilitate events means opening up a new revenue stream and the potential for huge profits. People are continuously looking for unique venues to host events whether big or small and restaurants, cafÃ©s and art galleries are exactly the kinds of places weâ€™re helping people find by you telling them â€œDid you know you could rent out our space?â€�.
Alright, so what is the price? There are a few different price options based on what type of membership suits you best. We have Bronze, Silver and Gold options which are priced on a monthly basis and billed annually based on a one-year membership. Download our pricing sheet here.Download
Are memberships refundable? Due to the limited amount of suppliers we will be accepting, we do not offer refunds. Furthermore all memberships will be automatically renewed at your convenience. If you do not wish to remain a FAV member you must notify a FAV agent at least 30 days before the date of expiration.
Iâ€™m not located in Ontario, Canada but Iâ€™d love to be a part of FAV. How do I sign up? We are working on expanding our borders beyond Ontario. If youâ€™re interested in becoming a FAV member please send an inquiry e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 2-5 business days.
Â For any questions you may have that have not been answered here please send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will provide a response within 2-5 business days.
How can FAV help me? We understand youâ€™re looking for unique new spots to host your next event, whether youâ€™re looking for a non-traditional or traditional location for a wedding, birthday, shower, stag or corporate meeting. Nothing WOWs guests like a different and new location, perhaps one you never thought of like that cafÃ© you noticed on Instagram and to your surpriseâ€¦ They rent their space out! FAV works to find locations with unique interiors that would be a hit for private events. Beyond that and in order to keep a diverse collection of all venues Toronto has to offer, we do showcase venues such as banquet halls for you to make the soundest choice during your venue search.
Futhermore weâ€™re well aware you want to visit these venues before booking. FAV works to make the most accurate first impressions an online site can offer and easy-to-contact information will make booking appointments much smoother. Mention you were referred from FAV for ultimate customer service.
Iâ€™m not looking for a unique venue, why canâ€™t I just Google venues in my area? Of course you can individually look up venues but what FAV offers that makes your venue search particularly unique is marking your favorite venues under â€œFAVOURITESâ€�, and the opportunity to discover venues in your area that are up and coming, or ones that you havenâ€™t noticed before. Our mission is to collect every venue or restaurant/cafÃ©/art gallery/boat etc. that rents their space out and make them available to you.
Do I have to login in order to use the siteâ€™s full capabilities? No you do not. The site is free to search and roam. Create a free username and password to make revisiting favourite venues faster, and compile a list of places youâ€™d like to visit and connect with others in the same venue search as you. Be the first to know of upcoming venues and private opening events in your area and access floor plans.
- Eligibility.â€¨To access or use the Site, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Restrictions.â€¨In order to use the Site, you agree that you shall not:
- impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation, an FAV representative, write fake or defamatory Content or trade reviews with other businesses;
- violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- publish or attempt to publish Content intended to threaten or harass others, or that contains any bigotry or discriminatory language;
- use the Site to spam others by sending bulk emails, or any other mass messaging, both commercial or noncommercial;
- engage in keyword spamming in reviews or profile text, or otherwise attempt to manipulate any Site’s search results;
- solicit personal information from any users of the Site, or submit or transmit pornography;
- violate any applicable law;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site Content (other than your reviews or any Content uploaded by you onto the Site), except as expressly authorized by FAV;
- use any type of robot, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device such as a spider to process or as means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site;
- reverse engineer any portion of the Site;
- remove any trademark or proprietary rights notice on any part of the Site or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the Site;
- copy, process, or gather information about Site users;
- access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- reformat any portion of the Site;
- take any action that will or may cause an unreasonably large load on FAVâ€™s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Site;
- use the Site to give other Site users any type of computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair FAV’s servers or networks, or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site;
- gain unauthorized access to any of the Site, services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to FAV through hacking, password mining or any other means; or
- use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
- Content and No Endorsement.â€¨The Content contained on the Site does not reflect the opinion of FAV and the reviews published on the Site do not convey the recommendations or endorsement of any specific Vendor by FAV. FAV does not take any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any Content on the Site, including the Content of any reviews posted on the Site. FAV assumes no obligation to update the content on the Site. At FAVâ€™s sole discretion, and without any notice to you, FAV reserves the right to remove or reinstate any Content. You agree that any Content which you post to the Site is not false, intentionally misleading, defamatory or unlawful and that the Content does not violate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or proprietary right.
- FAV is Not Party to any Transactions between Vendors and End Users.â€¨ FAV and the Site function solely as a neutral venue and digital clearinghouse where users of the Site (â€œEnd Usersâ€�) and good and service providers featured on the Site (â€œVendorsâ€�), may connect for a particular type of service or product. FAV not involved in or a party to the actual transaction between any End Users and Vendors.â€¨â€¨End Users: FAV conducts preliminary research to verify the identity of the Vendors on the Site; however, FAV cannot and will not guarantee each Vendor’s identity; nor can FAV guarantee each Vendor’s capabilities. FAV has implemented a review system to help End Users evaluate Vendors with whom they are considering transacting business. However, FAV cannot guarantee that information provided by or about Vendors on the Site is accurate. End Users should use the Site as a starting point for identifying Vendors who may be able to provide the products and services needed for their event but End Users should always conduct their own research to ensure that Vendors chosen are appropriate for their event. As an End User, you acknowledge and agree that FAV does not provide any of the products or services advertised or offered by the Vendors on the site and therefore does not guarantee the quality of the goods or services offered by any of the Vendors. Any and all communications, correspondence, verbal or written, or any warranties or representations, made with regard to products and services offered by any Vendor through the Site are not provided by FAV and are specifically and solely between you and the Vendor. Any transaction you enter into with a Vendor is strictly between you and such Vendor, and FAV is not a party to that transaction. Any dispute you have with a Vendor is between you and such Vendor, and FAV will not be a party to that dispute. You agree to release FAV, its officers, directors, agents, and employees from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any disputes between you and any Vendors. â€¨â€¨Vendors: As a Vendor featured on the Site (including those Vendors who have not activated their paid listing on the Site), you acknowledge and agree that FAV is in no way responsible for assisting you in reaching an agreement with any End Users; nor is FAV responsible for assisting you in providing goods and services to End Users. Further, you acknowledge and agree that FAV cannot and will not verify any information about any End Users and cannot and will not guarantee the ability of any End Users to complete payment for any of the products or services you provide. Any transaction you enter into with an End User is strictly between you and such End User, and FAV is not a party to that transaction. Any dispute you have with an End User is between you and such End User and FAV will not be a party to that dispute. You agree to release FAV, its officers, directors, agents, and employees from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any disputes between you and any End Users.
- Review Guidelinesâ€¨You represent that you have read and understood the following review guidelines (collectively, the â€œReview Guidelinesâ€�) and agree to abide by same:
- Reviews must be based on a business transaction. If you have conducted business with a Vendor, and are able to provide proof of such business transaction(s), then you are permitted to post a review for each unique transaction you conducted with such Vendor.
- The content of a review must be family-friendly. FAV will not post â€“ or once posted, will remove â€“ any defamatory or insulting language, profanity, threats, prejudiced comments, hate speech, personal attacks, or other content considered objectionable.
- Ensure your review is unique, independent, and accurate. Your review should focus solely on your experience with the Vendor and the goods and/or services provided by such Vendor. As others may rely on your reviews, we urge you to make your comments helpful, reasonable, and above all, truthful to your experience. Ensure your content is as factually accurate as possible according to your knowledge and experience.
- Ensure your review is legal and non-infringing. We will not post, and will remove from the Site, any review that is or becomes illegal or infringing. Reviews may be removed if (i) you request your review to be removed; (ii) your review has been disputed and is currently being investigated; once the investigation is completed, your review will either be posted on the Site or rejected if FAV has determined that your review does not comply with the Review Guidelines; or (iii) your review does not comply with the Review Guidelines.
- Company owners, management, or employees (past or current) may not pose as consumers and post reviews about their own company. This is considered to be fraudulent activity, and will be treated accordingly.
- Reviews must be non-commercial. FAV will not post any web addresses, e-mail addresses, HTML code, or promotional materials of any kind.
- Reviews must be written in English.
- Vendor Responses.â€¨We allow Vendors and representatives of Vendors that were reviewed to respond to posted reviews by logging into their Vendor dashboard and replying directly to such reviews. FAV will apply the same Review Guidelines to such responses. Please note that the identity of a representative that files a response to a review will be made known on the Site.
- Fraudulent Activity.â€¨ FAV may suspend or terminate your use of the Site if FAV suspects that you have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site, as determined in FAVâ€™s sole discretion. Fraudulent acts include, but are not limited to, the manipulation of our review system by, for instance, attempting to restrict an End User’s ability to post a review by contract or otherwise, or offering an End User cash or other form of monetary compensation in exchange for a more favorable review.
- Site Availability.â€¨ FAV reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site at any time without notice or liability to you or any other person.
- Links to Third-Party Sites.â€¨This Site contains links to third-party sites. FAV is not responsible for any of the Content which may appear on these linked sites. Your use of these third party websites is at your own risk and FAV is not responsible for any Content or changes to these third party websites. FAV makes no endorsement about any other website which you may access through the Site. The policies of those third party websites may differ from that of the Site. It is your responsibility to determine the policies of those third party websites. You agree that FAV shall have no liability whatsoever to you for any such third party material, data or information.
- Your Intellectual Property.â€¨ FAV does not claim any ownership rights in the Content that you upload or submit for publication on the Site.â€¨â€¨You represent and warrant that you own the Content posted by you on or through the Site or that you otherwise have sufficient right, title and interest in and to such Content to grant FAV the licenses and rights set forth below without violating, infringing or misappropriating the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person.â€¨â€¨You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any Content posted by you to the Site. After posting, uploading or embedding Content to the Site, you continue to retain the rights in such Content as you held prior to posting such Content on the Site and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. However, by submitting, uploading or embedding any Content on or through the Site, you hereby grant to FAV a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, display, reproduce, adapt, modify (e.g., re-format), re-arrange, and distribute your Content through any media now known or developed in the future. Photographs used on the Site or in any FAV publication will include attribution to the photographer and/or copyright holder. For example, the license you grant to FAV is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to FAV), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that FAV is not required to pay you for the use of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that FAV is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as internet content delivery networks to provide the FAV Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the FAV Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from the Site unless your Content has been sublicensed by FAV prior to your removal of your Content from the Site, which license shall continue in perpetuity.â€¨â€¨The Site also contains content of other Vendors and other FAV licensors (â€œThird Party Contentâ€�). You agree that you shall not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Third Party Content appearing on or through the Site.â€¨â€¨If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the FAV Website in a way that constitutes any form of intellectual property infringement, please send a notice to _(specific abuse e-mail address â€“ ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) Â Â containing the following information: (i) a description of the protected work that you claim has been infringed; (ii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the FAV Website; (iii) your address, telephone number, and email address; (iv) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner or agent of the protected work, or the law; (v) a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the intellectual property right or authorized to act on the owner of the intellectual property rightâ€™s behalf.
- Intellectual Property.â€¨The Site and the design logos, phrases, names, logos, HTML code and/or other computer code and/or scripts (collectively, the â€œIP Contentâ€�) is the property of FAV and is protected by Canadian and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the IP Content.â€¨â€¨The trade-marks and logos of FAV used on the Site may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of FAV or any such affiliate. Other products, services, logos and company names mentioned on the Site may be the trade-marks of their respective owners. Except as expressly provided herein, FAV does not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any intellectual property right, including under any patent, trade-mark, copyright, trade secret, or confidential information.â€¨â€¨You may not post or otherwise make available to the Site any material that is protected by a copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner. You agree to assume sole liability and to indemnify FAV for any damage resulting from infringement of any third party’s copyrights, trade-marks or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from your use of such infringing materials in a review, or on or in connection with the Site.
- Limited Liability.â€¨The Site, the IP Content and any other Content accessible through the Site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors and are provided “as is” without any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind. FAV hereby: (i) makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on or accessible on or through the Site, or the reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the Site; and (ii) disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard thereto, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and those arising by statute or otherwise at law or from a course of dealing or use of trade.â€¨â€¨ FAV does not warrant that the Site will operate without interruptions or that it will be error free. The use of the Site is at your own risk and FAV assumes no liability or responsibility pertaining to the Content or the your use of the Site. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your use of the Site is at your sole risk.â€¨IN NO EVENT WILL FAV OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, SPECIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR HARM TO BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS OR LOST REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA) RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY FUNCTION OF THE SITE, WHETHER OR NOT FAV OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Indemnity.â€¨You agree to indemnify and hold FAV and its officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising in any manner in whole or in part out of your use of the Site, including but not limited to (i) your advertising, provision of or failure to pay for goods or services promoted on the Site; and (ii) claims that any of the Content submitted by you that is available on the Site includes materials owned by third parties without authorization, was defamatory or harassing, or otherwise violated the rights of any third party.
- Non-Ontario residents:â€¨ FAV makes no representation that any of the FAV Content, Third Party Content or IP Content and their respective copyrights, trademarks, patents, and licensing arrangements, are appropriate or available for use in locations other than the Province of Ontario and country of Canada. Those who choose to access the Site from locations outside of the Province of Ontario do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Information we collect about youâ€¨Any Personal Information you provide to us is maintained on secure servers from our hosting providers.â€¨We necessarily collect information when you submit information to any of the vendors listed on this website.â€¨We may also collect non-Personal Information not associated with your identity. We collect this data to improve our website. The non-submitted information we collect include, but not limited to: IP address, time stamp, browser type and version, and operating systems.
- Information Security and Data Storageâ€¨We have taken certain physical, electronic, contractual and managerial steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you and which will be stored on our services, which will be located within North America.
- Links to other sitesâ€¨To enhance your experience, our website includes links to other sites outside our company. Those websites will have their own privacy policies that you may wish to review. Find A Venue Inc. is not responsible for the use, retention and disclosure of Personal Information on any linked website.
- How we work with third party service providersâ€¨FAV works with reputable third parties who perform services on our behalf. Sometimes these service providers need information about our website users and our clients in order to do their jobs. When FAV allows these service providers access to your information, we require them to maintain your information in the strictest confidence, and in compliance with applicable law, and we do not permit them to use it in any way other than to help us provide you with better service.â€¨We currently use the services of a few carefully selected companies to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. These companies help us to measure the effectiveness of what we are doing and better understand how visitors use our site. To do this, cookies are placed on computer browsers and web beacons are placed on our websites on our behalf. The type of information collected in this manner includes pages visited, vendors viewed and vendors contacted. This information helps us to identify what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which types of vendors offer the most interest to our visitors and what kinds of offers our visitors like to see.
- Unlawful Activitiesâ€¨ FAV reserves the right to co-operate with local, provincial, national and international authorities in investigations of improper or unlawful activities. Such cooperation may require the disclosure of Personal Information. We may also report to other organizations about improper or unlawful user activities on our website and disclose Personal Information in the process of such report.